Standard Team Format +
No gender requirement
Huffhines Softball Complex
1500 Apollo Rd
Richardson, TX 75081
Sept 29, Oct 1, 2
Thank You Partners
Check in Procedure
Athletes should check in each day at the registration table at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled competition.
Appropriate identification must be presented at the time of registration.
Acceptable forms of ID
EVENT CHECK IN
Team Captains must have their rosters completed and online by the date referenced on the individual rules. These rosters will be used by Corporate Challenge staff to print the Team Waivers that will be signed at event check-in. Players present their identification to the volunteers at the registration desk and all team members must sign the form.
All players must check-in at the registration table prior to their initial game. Please refer to individual events for clarifications on check-in. Each participant must sign the team waiver form, and must produce identification.
Participation in the Richardson Corporate Challenge is restricted to company employees, retirees, contractors and spouses. In order to ensure fairness, participants will be asked to produce at least one acceptable form of ID.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– An employee photo ID (security) card
– Driver’s license
– Other photo ID
OTHER ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– A company benefits card
– A letter signed by the company’s human resources department verifying that the participant is employed by the company.
– A company pay stub, or photocopy
– An official company business card
– A corporate credit card
NO ID = NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTIONS
Team Captains must have the Team Roster completed and online by the deadline located on each event rule page.
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– Letters from human resources with a ‘fill in the blank’ for the employee name.
– Personal credit cards or other non-photo ID cards
– If a team finishes all scheduled games with no forfeits they will earn 30 participation points.
– Teams will be awarded a maximum of 14 medals per team.
– Substitutions can be made only during time outs and after a point is scored, halftime, timeouts and if an injury occurs
– There will be no official sub in procedure, athletes will sub out by running off of the field and the sub running onto the field
– The number of substitutions is unlimited
– Teams must wear teams Corporate Challenge shirt / the same color
– Pennies will be provided in the even that two teams have the same color shirt. If pennies are needed please see the Event Coordinator.
– Athletic running shoes or rubber cleats will be the only footwear permitted
– Metal cleats are not permitted
Corporate Challenge will Provide
The game frisbee – The Discraft Ultra-Star 175 gram disc
“Official Disc of USA Ultimate Championship Series”
USA Ultimate Rules will govern play except as noted
What is Ultimate?
– Ultimate is a non-contact disc sport played by two teams of seven players. The object of the game is to score goals.
– A goal is scored when a player catches any legal pass in the end zone
– A player may not run while holding the disc
– The disc is advanced by passing it to other players, the disc can be passed in any direction
– Any time a pass is incomplete, a turnover occurs, resulting in an immediate change of the team in possession of the disc
– Official Disc of USA Ultimate
– No metal cleats will be permitted
– All players must wear the same colored team shirt, no number is required
– The playing field will measure 90 yards x 40 yards
60 yards of playing space, 15 yard end zones on each end of the field
Length of Game
A game is played until one team reaches or exceeds the point cap or time cap. Games will be broken into two 25 minute halves with a 3 minute half time.
Time Cap | 50 minutes
Point Cap | 11 points
Half Time | 3 minutes
– If a team is tied at 45 minutes, the next team to score is the winner
This rule will not apply for medal games
At 50 minutes teams can proceed to finish the point after time expires however if possession is lost at any point after time expires no point is scored half/game is over
Ex. Blue team has possession of the Frisbee when time expires, if the blue team loses possession at any point after time expires the half/game is over, the opposing team will not be allowed to pick up the Frisbee and try for another point.
Bracket Play Tie Breaker
– Throw off – one player from each team will throw the ultimate as far as they can from the endzone, the furthest throw within the field of play takes the next point and wins that game
Each team will have (2) 1 minute time outs per half *Game clock will stop for time outs*
– Offense and defense is determined with a disc or coin flip at the beginning of the game
– Play begins by each team lining up in their resepctive end zones
– The defense throws the disc to the offense
– Play is 7 v 7
– Player must score with 2 feet in the endzone
– Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense’s end zone, the offense scores a point
– Scoring team will transition to defense
– Scoring team stays in end zone, defensive team walks to other end zone
Movement of the Disc
– The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate
– Players may not run with the disc
– The person with the disc “thrower” has 10 seconds to throw the disc
– The defender guarding the thrower “marker” counts out the stall count
– If the stall count expires without the thrower moving the disc, it becomes a turnover
Change of Possession
– When a pass is not completed | ex. out of bounds, drop, block, interception, stalled
– The defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense
– Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score, injury or timeout
– No physical contact is allowed between players
– Picks and screens are also prohibited
– A foul occurs when contact is made
– When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs, when a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained
– If the palyer committing the foul disagrees with the foul call the play is redone
– Ultimate is a self officiating game
– Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls
– Players resolve their own disputes
Spirit of the Game
Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play, competitive paly is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules and the basic joy of play.
– Game time is forfeit time. Official time will be the Event Coordintor’s time keeping device.
– Teams forfeiting a winner’s brakcet game will be placed in the loser’s bracket.
– If a team concedes or has started and ceases to play during an event, all piror wins or losses will still stand and any points earned will be awarded.