Double Elimination Brackets
Men’s | Women’s | Mixed
UT Dallas Tennis Center
800 W. Campbell Rd
Richardson, TX 75080
August 22 – 25
Thank You Partners
Practice locations are offered at a first come first serve basis, reservations are required at all locations
Huffhines Tennis Center
1601 Syracuse Dr
Richardson, TX 75081
Sunday – Saturday
$3 per person for 1.5 hours
Please Call Ahead!
Reservations can be made for practices 3 days in advance
Check in Procedure
Athletes should check in each day at the registration table at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled competition.
Appropriate identification must be presented at the time of registration.
Acceptable forms of ID
EVENT CHECK IN
Team Captains must have their rosters completed and online by the date referenced on the individual rules. These rosters will be used by Corporate Challenge staff to print the Team Waivers that will be signed at event check-in. Players present their identification to the volunteers at the registration desk and all team members must sign the form.
All players must check-in at the registration table prior to their initial game. Please refer to individual events for clarifications on check-in. Each participant must sign the team waiver form, and must produce identification.
Participation in the Richardson Corporate Challenge is restricted to company employees, retirees, contractors and spouses. In order to ensure fairness, participants will be asked to produce at least one acceptable form of ID.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– An employee photo ID (security) card
– Driver’s license
– Other photo ID
OTHER ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– A company benefits card
– A letter signed by the company’s human resources department verifying that the participant is employed by the company.
– A company pay stub, or photocopy
– An official company business card
– A corporate credit card
NO ID = NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTIONS
Team Captains must have the Team Roster completed and online by the deadline located on each event rule page.
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– Letters from human resources with a ‘fill in the blank’ for the employee name.
– Personal credit cards or other non-photo ID cards
– A complete team will ear 30 participation points
– Complete teams consist of six different people; men’s, women’s and mixed pairs.
– Incomplete teams will earn one point for each participant
– Because this event allows for substitutions after a completed match a complete team will be judged by the participants competing in the first match of each discipline; men’s, mixed and women’s
– Teams will be awarded 2 medals per pair
– Substitutions will be allowed prior to the start of a match (male for male and female for female)
– Failure to continue to play whether due to injury, prior commitment, poor performance or other reasons, will result in a forfeit of the match with no penalty for the entire event
– There is no uniform requirement, but it is encouraged that each company wear their Corporate Challenge shirt
Corporate Challenge will Provide
– The game ball
– Your team should provide practice balls.
The United States Tennis Association will govern play except as noted
– Play begins at 6:30 p.m. Warm ups start at 5:00 p.m.
– All times will be posted, play will be continuous
– Winners should report their scores immediatley upon completion of play to the event coordinator
– Players will call their own lines
– Line judges will not be avaliable
– Eight game pro sets will be played, with no-ad scoring
– At seven games all, a 12 point Coman tie-breaker will be played
– In the winners bracket play if a team is late the coordinator will move to the next game with no penalty. If it is the last game of a round the missing team will be placed in the losers bracket.
– If a team concedes a match or has started and ceases to play during an event, all prior wins or losses will still stand and any points earned will still be awarded
– Ceasing to play in an event in this manner must be announced to the event coordinator
NOTE: Men’s, Women’s & Mixed will play on the same night for each division. If you have a male or female playing on both the Mixed and Men’s/Women’s team, you run the risk of a forfeit.