Pairs Format | 6 Players
Men’s | Women’s | Mixed
Double Elimination Brackets
Huffhines Rec Center
200 N Plano Rd
Richardson, TX 75081
Tuesday | September 6
Divisions: A and B
Wednesday | September 7
Divisions C and D
Thank You Partners
Men’s, Women’s and Mixed will play on the same night for each division. If you have a male or female playing on both the Mixed and Men’s / Women’s team you will run the risk of a forfeit.
Play begins at 6:30 pm each night. All teams should arrive at that time for table assignments.
Play will be continuous
Practice locations are offered at a first come first serve basis reservations are required at all locations
Huffhines Recreation Center
Reservations are not available until July
Sundays only: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
For reservations, contact Huffhines Rec Center
200 N. Plano Rd. Richardson, TX 75081
Reservations must be made – please call ahead!
Heights Recreation Center
Reservations are not available until August 1st, 2022
Monday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
For reservations, contact Heights Rec Center
711 W. Arapaho Rd Richardson, TX 75080
Reservations must be made – please call ahead!
Check in Procedure
Athletes should check in each day at the registration table at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled competition.
Appropriate identification must be presented at the time of registration.
Acceptable forms of ID
EVENT CHECK IN
Team Captains must have their rosters completed and online by the date referenced on the individual rules. These rosters will be used by Corporate Challenge staff to print the Team Waivers that will be signed at event check-in. Players present their identification to the volunteers at the registration desk and all team members must sign the form.
All players must check-in at the registration table prior to their initial game. Please refer to individual events for clarifications on check-in. Each participant must sign the team waiver form, and must produce identification.
Participation in the Richardson Corporate Challenge is restricted to company employees, retirees, contractors and spouses. In order to ensure fairness, participants will be asked to produce at least one acceptable form of ID.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– An employee photo ID (security) card
– Driver’s license
– Other photo ID
OTHER ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– A company benefits card
– A letter signed by the company’s human resources department verifying that the participant is employed by the company.
– A company pay stub, or photocopy
– An official company business card
– A corporate credit card
NO ID = NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTIONS
Team Captains must have the Team Roster completed and online by the deadline located on each event rule page.
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– Letters from human resources with a ‘fill in the blank’ for the employee name.
– Personal credit cards or other non-photo ID cards
– A complete team will earn 30 participation points
– Complete teams consist of six different people; men’s, women’s and mixed pairs.
– Incomplete teams will earn one point for each participant
– Teams will be awarded 2 medals per pair
– Substitutions (male for male and female for female) will be allowed prior to the START of the event for all players.
– No substitutions are allowed after a team’s first match has begun.
– Failure to continue to play, whether due to injury, prior commitment, poor performance, or any other reason, will result in a forfeit of the match.
– PLAYER MAY NOT WEAR ORANGE SHIRTS
– White shirts are permitted
– It is recommended that each company wear their Corporate Challenge shirts
Corporate Challenge will Provide
– The Game Ball
– Your team should provide practice balls
– Paddles will be available for check out (must have drivers license)
– Players are permitted to bring their own paddle (excluding wood paddles)
The United States Table Tennis Association will govern play except as noted
–No outside coaching allowed, players can talk amoungest themselves
– Each team is allowed 1 (1) minute time out per 3 game match
– Participants may use rubberized paddles only, paddles and balls will be provided
– Players will score their own games, tournament officials will determine protests
– Teams alternate sides between games
– Players on a team alternate playing the ball on each shot
– Game ball is ORANGE in color, no orange shirts are allowed to be worn by player
– A side regardless of which side is serving can win points
– A side shall serve the first 2 points of the game, the opposition shall serve the second 2 points and continue throughout the game
– Service shall alternate between the players serving from right to left
– On service, the ball must leave the server’s hand. The ball must be projected upward at least 6 inches above a flat palm, and be struck on the way down. The opponent must be able to see the ball prior to service.
– On a let serve a ball is served over if in passing over the net, the ball touches the net or its supports, provided the service otherwise is good.
A point is lost when
– Player fails to make a good serve
– Ball touches the players court twice consecutively
– Ball touches the floor or a wall when it is being played in the player’s court
– Ball fails to pass over the net after being played
– If the play touches the player anywhere above the paddle hand or touches anything the player wears
– If the player’s free hand touches the table or net while the ball is in play
– If a team fails to alternate playing the ball on their side
Winners should report results of match and score to event coordinator immediately upon completion of play
– Matches will consist of best 3 of 5 games played to 11 points with a win by 2
– In the winners bracket play if a team is late the coordinator will move to the next game with no penalty
– If it is the last game of a round the missing team will be placed in the losers bracket
– If a team concedes a match or has started and ceases to play during an event, all prior wins or losses will still stand and any points earned will still be awarded
– Ceasing to play in an event in this manner must be announced to the event coordinator
NOTE: Men’s, Women’s & Mixed will paly on the same night for each division. If you have a male or female playing on both the Mixed and Men’s/Women’s team, you run the risk of a forfeit.