Division A | B | C | D
Standard Team Format +
5 Males | 5 Females
You may play more women than men
Huffhines Softball Complex
1500 Apollo Rd
Richardson, TX 75081
Thank You Partners
Practice locations are offered at a first come first serve basis reservations are required at all locations.
All teams must be in possession of the reservation card at each practice.
Practice Reservations can be made starting July 1st
Monday – Friday
Click the boxes below for pratice reservations Monday – Friday
Wednesday | Friday
Click the boxes below for pratice reservations Wednesday and Friday ONLY
Saturday | Sunday
Click the boxes below for pratice reservations Saturday and Sunday ONLY
Check in Procedure
Athletes should check in each day at the registration table at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled competition.
Appropriate identification must be presented at the time of registration.
Acceptable forms of ID
EVENT CHECK IN
Team Captains must have their rosters completed and online by the date referenced on the individual rules. These rosters will be used by Corporate Challenge staff to print the Team Waivers that will be signed at event check-in. Players present their identification to the volunteers at the registration desk and all team members must sign the form.
All players must check-in at the registration table prior to their initial game. Please refer to individual events for clarifications on check-in. Each participant must sign the team waiver form, and must produce identification.
Participation in the Richardson Corporate Challenge is restricted to company employees, retirees, contractors and spouses. In order to ensure fairness, participants will be asked to produce at least one acceptable form of ID.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– An employee photo ID (security) card
– Driver’s license
– Other photo ID
OTHER ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– A company benefits card
– A letter signed by the company’s human resources department verifying that the participant is employed by the company.
– A company pay stub, or photocopy
– An official company business card
– A corporate credit card
NO ID = NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTIONS
Team Captains must have the Team Roster completed and online by the deadline located on each event rule page.
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– Letters from human resources with a ‘fill in the blank’ for the employee name.
– Personal credit cards or other non-photo ID cards
– If a team finishes all scheduled games with no forfeits they will earn 30 participation points.
– Teams will be awarded a maximum of 18 medals per team.
– Game substitutions must be made according to the same gender
– All substitutions must be made with the home plate umpire
– Teams must wear the same color shirt with at least a 6-inch number on the back
– Pennies will be provided in the event that two teams have the same color shirt. If pennies are needed please see the Event Coordinator.
– Athletic running shoes or rubber cleats will be the only footwear permitted
Corporate Challenge will Provide
– The game ball
– Men will hit 12″ balls | Women will hit 11″ balls
USSSA rules will govern play except as noted
– There will be a (2) home run limit (over the fence) per game.
– All games will be a (50) minute time limit.
– A (15) run rule will be in effect after (3) innings
– (12) runs after (4) innings
– (10) runs after (5) innings
– An inning ends after the 3rd out. If time remains after the 3rd out, the next inning must be played.
– No steel or metal spikes allowed. Only rubber cleats or tennis shoes will be permitted.
– Offensive team must alternate the batting line up according to gender. Unlimited additional hitters may be used as long as the gender rule is accomodated.
– Defensive Alignment: There are no requirements as to where men and women must play
– The line-up must be turned in & exchanged with the other team captain (10) minutes prior to start of game.
– Home team determined by flip of coin conducted by umpire.
– Protests must be filed properly with the home plate umpire and settled prior to the next pitch.
– Umpires will review ground rules with managers before each game.
– If a male batter is walked intentionally or unintentionally, the following female batter has the option of batting or automatically taking a walk and advancing to first base.
Note: This is left up to the female batter who must inform the plate umpire of her intent prior to entering the batter’s box.
– Game time is forfeit time. Official time will be the umpires time keeping device
Countdown to Game Day!