Pairs Format | 6 Players
Men’s | Women’s | Mixed
Double Elimination Brackets
Huffhines Tennis Center
1601 Syracuse Dr.
Richardson, TX 75081
Please park in the North parking lot.
NO STREET PARKING PERMITTED
Monday | August 24
Division A | C 6: 30 p.m.
Tuesday | August 25
Division D | E 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday | August 26
Division B| F 6:30 p.m.
Thank You Partners
Men’s, Women’s & Mixed will play on the same night for each division. If you have a male or female playing on both the Mixed and Men’s/Women’s team you run the risk of a forfeit.
Warm ups begin at 5:30 p.m. | Play starts at 6:30 p.m. sharp.
Practice locations are offered at a first come first serve basis reservations are required at all locations
Huffhines Tennis Center
Starting July 13th
Sunday – Saturday
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
No reservation required
1601 Syracuse Dr
Richardson TX 75081
Check in Procedure
Athletes should check in each day at the registration table at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled competition.
Appropriate identification must be presented at the time of registration.
Acceptable forms of ID
EVENT CHECK IN
Team Captains must have their rosters completed and online by the date referenced on the individual rules. These rosters will be used by Corporate Challenge staff to print the Team Waivers that will be signed at event check-in. Players present their identification to the volunteers at the registration desk and all team members must sign the form.
All players must check-in at the registration table prior to their initial game. Please refer to individual events for clarifications on check-in. Each participant must sign the team waiver form, and must produce identification.
Participation in the Richardson Corporate Challenge is restricted to company employees, retirees, contractors and spouses. In order to ensure fairness, participants will be asked to produce at least one acceptable form of ID.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– An employee photo ID (security) card
– Driver’s license
– Other photo ID
OTHER ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– A company benefits card
– A letter signed by the company’s human resources department verifying that the participant is employed by the company.
– A company pay stub, or photocopy
– An official company business card
– A corporate credit card
NO ID = NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTIONS
Team Captains must have the Team Roster completed and online by the deadline located on each event rule page.
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
– Letters from human resources with a ‘fill in the blank’ for the employee name.
– Personal credit cards or other non-photo ID cards
– A complete team will earn 30 participation points
– Complete teams consist of six different people; men’s, women’s and mixed pairs.
– Incomplete teams will earn one point for each participant
– Teams will be awarded 2 medals per pair
– Substitutions (male for male and female for female) will be allowed prior to the START of the event for all players.
– No substitutions are allowed after a team’s first match has begun.
– Failure to continue to play, whether due to injury, prior commitment, poor performance, or any other reason, will result in a forfeit of the match.
– There is no uniform requirement, but it is encouraged that each company wear their Corporate Challenge shirt
Corporate Challenge will Provide
– Horseshoes, but participants may bring their own if the shoes meet the equipment requirements
– For a list of approved shoes please visit this link: Sanctioned Shoes
The National Horseshoe Pitcher Association of America rules will govern play except as noted
– Regulation horseshoes will be used
– Stakes are iron, extending 8 inches anove the ground inclined slightly toward one another and 40 feet apart
– Pitching distance shall be 37 feet for men and 27 feet for women
– The choice of the first pitch shall be determined by the toss of a coin, or toss of the shoe
– Two horseshoes are thrown per person during each of their respective turns
– Any shoe that hits before or on the string or wood is a disqualified throw
– All mathces will be limted to 50 minutes each.
– Participants are expected to keep their own time, in the event of a tie, a suddent death elimination will occur with next point winning
– Games are a race to 15 or 21
*you do not have to win by 2*
– In women’s and mixed competition all non-medal games will be played to 15, Medal games will be played to 21
– In men’s competition all games are played to 21
– 3 points for a ringer
*must be able to touch both ends of shoe which is around the stake with another shoe standing upright and not blocked by the stake
– Any ringer that covers another ringer counters the points to zero. Then the next closes shoe(s) is counted for points provided it meets the measurement requirement
– 1 point – Horseshoes must be within 6″ to qualify for point consideration
Winners report results of match and score immediately upon completion of play
– In the winners bracket play if a team is late the coordinator will move to the next game with no penalty
– If it is the last game of a round the missing team will be placed in the losers bracket
– If a team concedes a match or has started and ceases to play during an event, all prior wins or losses will still stand and any points earned will still be awarded. Ceasing to play in an event in this manner must be announced to the event coordinator
NOTE: Men’s, Women’s & Mixed will play on the same night for each division. If you have a male or female playing on both the Mixed and Men’s/Women’s team, you run the risk of a forfeit.